Post-Surgical care is the care following an individual’s surgery that requires non-medical, ongoing assistance to meet your day-to-day safely during recovery process.
- Understanding the importance of following post-surgery protocols and maintenance.
- Understanding the changes in an individual’s ability that interferes with daily life, activities and body’s normal functions post-surgery.
- Understanding the post-surgical risk factors, such as injury, infections, falls, bedsores and more.
- Understanding how to recognize post-surgical emergency situations, know the proper response and emergency preparedness.
- Understanding the importance of promoting safe, clean environments, proper sanitation and infection control.