Respite care is designed to supports and provide short-term relief for a family member or a caregiver, allowing caregivers to get some much-needed rest and relaxation, travel, or attend to other duties.
- Understanding responsibilities and assistance with another individual’s personal care and activities of daily living.
- Understanding the importance of promoting safe and clean environments.
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality and privacy.
- Understanding the standards and benefits of professionalism.
- Understanding the importance of companionship and promoting the individual’s independence